Anete KalniņaRiga, Latvia / 1985–... Back
The heart speaks in silence
Anete Kalnina uses nature motifs in her paintings to tell personal stories, highlighting them in field of direct reflection of reality and transferring them to an already abstract expression of art. Nature, more precisely, trees as autonomous images serve to reflect events, feelings, sense of life.
Anete feels equally free to use monochrome tones, as well as to paint saturated, color-vibrating paintings. One of the artist's trump cards is large-format painting, in which both monolithism and reverence for details can be felt.
since 2018 has been a doctoral student at the Latvian Academy of Arts
2011 – 2018 – Latvian Academy of Arts, Department of Painting. Master's degree
2009 – 2011 - Latvian Academy of Arts, Restoration dpartment. Master's degree
2005 – 2009 - Latvian Academy of Arts, Restoration Department. Bachelor's degree
2001 – 2005 - J. Rozentals Secondary School of Fine Arts, Riga (Latvia)
member of the Latvian Artists Union since 2017
Anete has international experience gained by participating in the 9th Baltic Restoration Triennial (Vilnius, 2011), the 7th Beijing International Biennale of Art (China, 2017) and the 1st Dafen International Biennial of Oil Painting (China, 2018).
Her works are in private collections in Latvia, Finland, Estonia, Russia, Germany and Sweden.
Anete is working in restoration and painting, has made wall and ceiling paintings.
Participates in exhibitions since 2005. The list shows the most recent of them.
- 2020 — Riga (Latvia), Interior design gallery CREA, Brivibas street 103, solo exhibition Heartbeat Gallery
- 2020 — Riga (Latvia), St. Peter's Church, group exhibition Jāzeps Pīgožnis Prize in Landscape Painting
- 2019 — Riga (Latvia), Gallery of the Latvian Artists' Union, solo exhibition 57°44'32.9"N 22°35'25.5"E
- 2019 — Riga (Latvia), St. Peter's Church, group exhibition Jāzeps Pīgožnis Prize in Landscape Painting
- 2019 — Riga (Latvia), The Art academy of Latvia, group exhibition SEB scholarship in painting
- 2018 — Riga (Latvia), Gallery of the Latvian Artists' Union, solo exhibition On the way to Cape Kolka
- 2018 — Jurmala (Latvia), Jurmala City Museum, solo exhibition LANDSCAPE-ABSTRACTION
- 2018 — Shenzhen (China), Dafen, group exhibition I. Dafen International Biennial of Oil Painting
- 2018 — Daugavpils (Latvia), international exhibition-competition Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Center, group exhibition 100 in Latvian art
- 2017 — Riga (Latvia), Gallery of the Latvian Artists' Union, solo exhibition LANDSCAPE-ABSTRACTION
- 2016 — Riga (Latvia), Gallery of the Latvian Artists' Union, solo exhibition 13 MOODS
- 2013 — Pauls Puzins Scholarship, Riga, Latvia
- 2017 — biennial “Marina 2017”. Laureate of the main prize of the international maritime painting competition exhibition in the category “Art students”, Riga, Latvia
- 2018 — laureate of the main prize of the exhibition "Latvian State Forest Scholarship in Art", Riga, Latvia
- 2018 — laureate of the main prize of the exhibition "New Talents for the Centenary of the State of Latvia", Riga, Latvia